Friday, March 21, 2008

Breastfeeding on Sesame Street


I am a huge fan of "The Street" but was saddened by episodes featuring baby Elmo drinking from a bottle. Lets get back to our roots Sesame! WWJHD? - What Would Jim Henson Do? I remember the clip below from my years addicted to PBS, it may have been one of the reasons I walked around with my Burt doll stuck up my shirt "nursing" him. (That, and seeing my baby sister eating the same way!)

If more girls grew up with these positive influences, would more women feed their babies properly?? I also woner why they decided to take this clip off the air...as one of my buddies online said, "Can you imagine the protesting? The "oh my goodness it will turn little girls into lesbians and boys will think boobs are for something other than groping in the dark and drooling over in Playboy" comments? " I would laugh, but it is too sad and too true.

Anyway, while I climb down off my soapbox, watch the video and pass on the booby love!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go Girl!
I loved the video. Brings back wonderful memories.