Friday, February 26, 2010

Sesame Street LIVE!

Thanks to a great friend of mine (who I obviously trust and like enough to invite her to photograph the birth of my child and therefore my cootchie) we were able to afford to go to Sesame Street Live last Sunday. It was super fun for the entire 45 minutes that Oliver allowed us to stay. To be fair, the people at the Children's Television Workshop DID make Sesame Street 45 minutes long and not an hour and a half with a fifteen minute intermission for a reason.

I wish it was bright enough to video tape him dancing. He didn't just bounce around, he followed what the dancers were doing! The kid rocks choreography!! I told CT as we were leaving, if he was a girl, I would put him in dance lessons. And then my inner feminist kicked me directly in the balls and I hung my head in shame. And to think, I almost deprived the world of another Baryshnikov or...you know, Fred Astaire or....dang, I am out of male dancers. Eh, less competition.

Oliver really did have a bunch of fun. His favorite parts in order of excitement level were: 1. Popcorn 2. Big Bird (Possibly since Elmo start sleeping with the producers, no other characters are given a chance. He probably thought Big Bird was a new character...) So sure, Oliver made us leave before part deux of the performance by his insistence to nurse and my desire not to make a political statement but as CT pointed out, the last half was probably devoted to Elmo (SLUT!) and his "world" in which everyone laughs stupidly at everything and plays different songs with the same tune which is and always will be, Jingle Bells. If I am not careful, I will have to rename this blog "Elmo Sucks and Why" My personal favorite part was being the hugely pregnant woman who hurried out of the theater, scaring at least one very nervous chain smoking mother outside. Funnily enough, the woman said Oliver was the cutest child she had ever seen, while her 3 year old daughter stood close by. Nice. At least she will die of lung cancer.

Here are some very cute pics of my little dude enjoying, as generation before him enjoyed, the magic of Sesame Street Live.

Walking into the Erwin Center with Dada

Perhaps I loved it more than he did...maybe I need to admit that.
Popcorn was a very good way of getting him to be still. How cheap are we? We saved the rest of the popcorn and he ate it after breakfast the next morning. mmmmm
Thanks again Summer!! It was really fun!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Well, its obv I haven't been to the ol blog in awhile.. but you are very welcome! You are right about the 2nd half.. and why they decided to put a 15 minute intermission in there or giant $10 Elmo head balloons is beyond me. OR why they told us we were going to personally meet Elmo before the show and then brought out Bert and Ernie instead (after my kid had been chanting "Melmo! Melmo!" for days). Still, we had fun and I'm glad you guys did too!!