Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's a pizza!!!

In my never ending quest to find exciting ways of getting Oliver not to whine, I decided to forgo the regular frozen pizza and went with the handmade type instead. Oh fine, I didn't make the crust. Or the sauce. But I did grate the cheese and place each topping by hand! It counts, shut it. The kit came with two crusts and two packets of sauce, so I took a chance. I gave full reign of one of the crusts to my little chef in training.

I was extremely concerned about his ability to keep the sauce on the crust and not on the counter, but as you can see, when it comes to food, Oliver is all business. I think he actually made less of a mess than I did.

While he lacked a bit of skill in the cheese/topping arena because he was too busy pursuing his first love of eating I thought his cheese placement was precise if a bit sparing and his toppings were masterful. Apparently a pizza only needs one mushroom and 400 pepperonis and the cheese must be tested and retested until you are SURE it is tasty. Who am I to argue with such a culinary mastermind!?

I, of course, took over when it came to the placement of the jalapenos. FOOLISH!! Apparently his favorite topping on pizza is not cheese, not pepperoni, but jalapenos. He ate every single one off the pizza smacking his lips and saying yum each time. See picture below.

I leave you with not one, but TWO videos!!


I had to explain to him that no garlic was worth taking a flying leap off a chair for after this video was taken. Even if I didn't believe it myself. Garlic is SO worth injury!



CT says that he learned that whole "teasing with food" thing from me, but I disagree. I never even pretend to share food.

2 comments:

Britt said...

What a cutie patootie! I want to kiss his cheeks!

Sunny said...

What a great project for him. Looks like fun, and yummy too!

My son has the same "hug a tree" shirt. :)