Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!

My Valentines Day started out like many of them do, wedged between two very handsome men. Don't get excited, one of them was my husband...and the other was two years old. It started earlier than most, around 6am. You see, we are no longer accustomed to co-sleeping, and the last time we did, we were all down with the flu, so now Oliver believes that any time the entire family is in bed together "TZ" must be turned on and his every need must be attended to. Demands for "choo-choo, juice, peeese mama!" started this day of romance for this lovely lady.

The best part of the day, was that while I was the ONLY person (besides the toddler) who didn't drink the night before, I was the one who woke up with what felt like a bitch of a hangover. That's right folks, cause the back aches and alien like rolling in my tummski isn't enough for the pregnancy gods...they must be appeased with: Repeat Morning Sickness. I was up by 7am, and back down for a nap at 8:30am. I would not be deterred from my day of love though - my sweet husband made me breakfast of homemade biscuits (NOT from a can), a homemade card and bracelet - Thanks Stampin' Up!, and a dozen chocolate dipped strawberries!!! MMMMM yea.

Meanwhile, Oliver and I had a busy week of V-day crafts, baking and decorating under our distended belts. We (I) made two valentines day cards, several cupcakes that was meant to be for daddy but may have gotten lost in the shuffle (see picture) and two sugar cookies the dog (child) must have gotten to. Pretty sure he knows nothing about holidays except they mean only one of two things: presents or food. Wait, that may just be good old fashioned American tradition actually...

I think the highlight of the day had to be the fact that Oliver's carseat did in fact fit in my dad's plane, insuring that my son and husband would be gone ALL DAY next Saturday at the coast while I enjoy a luxurious day at the spa!!!! It is also a huge victory in Tumultuous Two-ville that my son was dry for two days with only ONE accident! We aren't quite ready for travel in undies yet though. Now, for your viewing pleasure, cupcake eating!

No comments: