Tuesday, February 16, 2010

35 weeks

Hello pregnancy followers!! I am officially 35 weeks pregnant now, and had my midwife appointment today where we talked about all the stuff we needed on hand, my concerns and fears about the birth and labor, our desires, etc. My mom came to the appointment and CT was there too - well, sorta, he was also wrangling the kiddo who NEEDED to be outside.

There is a long list of things we need that a company near here puts together in birth kits but I am pretty sure I can handle "paper towels" and "ziploc bag" on my own, thanks. I consulted my Oliver Pregnancy Blog
and wow. What a change from the person I am now...at this point last pregnancy, I wanted to go into labor at 34 weeks and started my "eviction plan" at 36. How stupid was I exactly?? Such a change from, yes, admittedly being very uncomfy, but really not wanting this kid out until 39 weeks at the earliest. I guess we all live and learn! We did a birth plan this time around, because it was an assignment for Bradley Birth class, but it is a bit silly. Most of the things that gave me nightmares last pregnancy are a non-issue this time. Breastfeeding, leaving the baby intact, pushing in whatever position I want, using the tub, etc. are all up to me as I own the birthing place. HAHA! My midwife is so awesome, she even changed her legal documents to say "is given permission to" instead of "has authority to" when it comes to procedures, because as she stated, only I have authority in this situation, and permissions can be revoked. I love her.

In other news, my boobs were given their own zip codes this week. 36F people...and yes, F is a size, apparently. The lady at the store measured me and asked how my milk came in, and when I told her that I could have fed starving triplets, she concernedly looked at me and said, well, you have one size bigger than this, and that is about all we can do for you. HAHA. Looks like I will be in nursing tanks again for 6 months. I am investing in some really nice ones this time, if I have to live in them, I want there to be lace at the bottom. I don't even care if that makes me sound vain!

CT has also agreed to get a contractor to finish up the bathroom tile. We got two quotes today, and will get two more before we decide. I just want it DONE already.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Well, since I will have to look at your nursing attire a lot, I am happy it's going to be lacy and entertaining. You have a GREAT attitude, if I haven't mentioned that before.

Alyssa G said...

Suna, you made me laugh!! Agreed, nursing lingerie should be attractive as more people see that than other types.