Friday, February 1, 2008

Oliver: Two weeks later


Ok, admit it. There are some of you out there who are completely surprised that I have been able to keep this baby alive for this long. No, I am not offended at all, in fact, I am one of those people. I am not one of those nurturers that can cause a plant to bloom with a wave of their hands. In fact, most plants die within minutes of darkening my doorway. That being said, it is somewhat of a miracle that the baby is not only surviving but thriving. I got a bit sad today because his newborn onesies his Grandmommy bought him a week ago no longer fit him. I forced it a bit to snap just because I wasn't ready for the 0-3 stage yet.

So many milestones to celebrate in the past two weeks! He came out (a must I assure you), he is nursing well and often, he poops all the time, he pees even more, he has had not one but two baths (one completely done by me!), he can pick his head up, he can turn over onto his side and he has started picking out colleges.

Next two weeks, who knows...when do they start talking!? All in all, this is much easier than was expected. I am getting enough sleep, I am not screaming in frustration and neither is he, I can count on one finger the number of times he has cried for no reason and that only lasted a few seconds. All in all, he is the best baby monkey a mom could ask for!

Tomorrow is a red letter day. CT and I are leaving the baby for the first time. We have a holiday party (don't ask) to go to for his work and wanted a date night. So, my mom is going to babysit. Now if I didn't look like a whale in everything I own...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the honorable mention!

It is amazing, my little girl is a mommy! And not just a mommy, an incredible, capable, relaxed, loving mommy. Much better than I - exactly what I prayed for.

I get to see Oliver at least every other day and see changes in him every time. He's so cuddly! Though he usually cries a bit each time I pick him up. "Oh! Great! It's the lady with the cold hands again!" Then we settle in for snuggles.

~the grandmommy