Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cloth Diaper Praise


And they said it couldn't be done! Oliver is a fuzzy-butt and loving it! We decided to not buy more disposable diapers and to try out the cloth ones instead. Once the initial difficulty of figuring out how to put a cloth diaper on a tiny squirming human was over, he seemed to enjoy the cottony goodness. I sort of just grabbed whichever cover I could find which just happened to be the girliest one (as seen in photo). Obviously he was completely humiliated that everyone at the Mercedes dealership had to see him like this. Later, he killed a man just for looking at him funny. Said he didn't like the man's face.

The greatest thing is that there have been NO leaks. We used them all night long and it was the first night we had no pee on the sheets!! Down with disposables I say!! Also, cloth is uber-cute and with the creation of a thing I like to call "velcro" cloth is totally easy. I just did a load of laundry and even though there were a few explosive poops last night, NO STAINS!! Take THAT corporate America, no more cartoons on my baby's cute hiney!

Now for the bad part about last night. I slept about 20 minutes give or take a few seconds. The baby is absolutely on an 18 hour day, and he thought that it was early evening instead of the middle of the night. I woke up to feed him at 3am, fell asleep shortly after and woke up at 5am to find him still. latched. on. Granted, he probably stopped eating, fell asleep and woke up to find my boob still out and said, hey an all night buffet, my kind of cruise and had at it again. Quite disconcerting though, I feel like I was kidnapped by space aliens and lost a few hours. I was glad to be able to sleep late today.

No comments: