Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Month in review

Oliver is a month old! Can anyone believe that my tiny baby boy is now 10 lbs and 3 ounces at last weigh in!? He is more than I could have wished for and I am already learning so much from him. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I thought I would run down the life lessons I learned from my first month of being a mommy.

1. No matter what you see on Ally McBeal, babies don't dance naked. They scream naked, especially when water is involved.
2. Just because babies grunt does not mean they need to poop, burp or eat. Grunting is their idea of fun.
3. Holding babies will make them sore...unless their great-grandma is the one doing the holding.
4. Multi-tasking while nursing causes pain.
5. Sleeping through the night is a myth.
6. The best place to kiss a baby is their neck, do it often.
7. It is ok to feel sad when the umbilical cord falls off, it is the last part that attached the baby to you.
8. Never trust a gas smile, it is often followed by projectile vomit.
9. A concerned lick on the face by the family dog never hurt anyone.
10. Learn to love when the baby doesn't want to be put down. Soon he will pull away.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Seems like just a moment ago my boy’s were babies too…enjoy every second…

Where are you going my litle one..little one
Where are you going my baby ..my own
Turn around and you're two
Turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young babe
Going out of the door
Where are you going my little one..little one
Where are you going my baby..my own
Turn around and you're six
Turn around and you're eight
Turn around and you're a young lad
going out of the gate

Where are you going my little one...little one
Where are you going my baby ...my own
Turn around and you're young
Turn around and you're grown
Turn around and you're a young man
With babes of your own

Unknown Author