Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First bathy wathy

As someone wise once said, "Rubber ducky, you're the one. You make bath time lots of fun." After two days of crying, (and yes, I will be posting a video of the baby actually crying as no one believes me that he does since he shuts up the second before someone walks through the door) we have found peace. Due to an eruption of vomit paralleling most small volcanoes (seriously, if there had been villagers, they all would have died miserably) resulting in matted smelly hair and crusty ears, we decided to give the baby his first jacuzzi or bath as the "regular" people say.

Now, as you will remember, he hates everything at this time of his delicate precious young life. Expensive swing: hates it. Beautiful hand me down cradle: Over it. Sling he used to cherish: royally pisses him off. But as soon as his soft booty settled into the warm water filled tub, joy, nay, rapture, crossed his baby monkey brow. He did not utter one cry nor shout of protest as water poured over his hair once marred by feta stink. He even let us wash his naughty bits without much problem.

I am so excited by this, I may start bathing him every night as he is now, dare I say, asleep. Oh joy of all joys...I've got peace like a river, I've got peace like a river...

4 comments:

Liz said...

How precious is he! Very I would say.

I think he enjoyed his bath so much because he heard we’re going to the beach in June and wants to be ready for the ocean.

He is a beauty.

Unknown said...

Welcome! Another water baby! We love the water. Oliver, if you like the bath, just wait for the beach! A giant warm bathtub!

Unknown said...

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky, you're the one.
You make bath time lots of fun
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.
Rubber Ducky, joys of joys
When I squeak you, you make noise
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend, it's true!

Everyday when I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who' cute, yellow, and chubby.
(rub-a-dub-a-dubby)

Rubber Ducky you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.

Everyday when I make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's cute, yellow, and chubby.
(rub-a-dub-a-dubby)

Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm glad that you're mine
Rubber Ducky I'm awfully fond of...
Rubber Ducky I'd like a whole pond of . . .
Rubber Ducky I'm awfully fond of you.

~Ernie

johanna said...

Hi
just found your blog. I live in Austin also and it seems my life is running somewhat parallel to yours. I have a 4 week old baby and know exactly what you are going through - crying, eating, bathing, busy husband etc. I like reading your blog- it helps me not feel so alone!

Johanna