Friday, February 8, 2008

Intervention


I see only one way this blog can go. Either it can be a source of enjoyment for everyone and possibly a way for me to eventually write for a living (if any of you know of a company needing a blog writer - hint hint) or it can be a source of shame and frustration. It can not be a source of enjoyment if it is pressure washed out of me. I realize many of you have Oliver withdrawals from going a day without hearing about his feeding, pooping, and sleeping dramas. I also realize trying to quit Oliver has been likened to quiting smoking or trying to just have one Lays potato chips. In fact, thanks to "Intervention" one of my favorite blog subscribers is now happily in a half way house trying to avoid the internet. However, as your dealer, I beg you to, as the gangstas say, back up off me! I can not be my usual witty, brilliant and dare I say drop dead gorgeous self with you addicts breathing down my neck!

In other news, has anyone noticed how badly my baby photographs? He looks like an old man in his best photos, at worst he looks like a wrinkled angry troll doll. He is beautiful in real life, and he makes the cutest noises and I have no doubt he will be famous, talented and brilliant, but honestly, he is sorta ugly on film. I can admit this for one reason, I too have Badphotoitis. You can curl my hair, put makeup on me, whatever, but once that camera is on me, I go from Hollywood to Hag in no time. I realize that no one likes being told that their babies are ugly, so think of how I feel telling myself that he is!

Operation cord watch, day 21. So far, the top part of the bellybutton is showing, I believe we might have an outie on our hand. However, the stump perseveres and it is all I can do to keep CT from pulling the thing off. I am sure it wouldn't REALLY hurt anything, but I can't help but thinking that if we pulled it off instead of waiting for it to fall off, the baby will either lose air and go flying around the room like a popped balloon, or when we pull all Oliver's insides would follow. I will keep you updated as to the status of the stump.

4 comments:

Gramps said...

If I understand correctly no one had to ask for this blog. It has been an expression of love and generousity. I have been delighted with the wit and creativity. Surely any reader can see it is much more than an news report. It is my hope that all of us addicts will give creativity and motherhood the time and respect they deserve.

Unknown said...

MORE!!!
I MUST HAVE MORE!!!

Alice said...

Readers only need view the photo posted on Jan. 21 to witness baby beauty. And the video under it makes me chuckle every time!
Miss you!

Liz said...

Ok…I admit it…I’m an Oliver Blog addict…I need …I want…I have to have more!!!!!!!!! Please no "Interventions".
Love Aunt Liz