Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Poop poop everywhere!


How can something so disgusting come from something so cute!? The problem is, he doesn't cry when he is wet or dirty so I have to guess at the timing of said mess. The problem with this is, he may not be done when I go to change him. This was the case today when I changed him because his diaper leaked onto his clothing. I got him good and naked and KAPOW! Flood gates were opened, FEMA was called, Bush went on vacation. We are talking natural disaster type destruction here. And you know what he did?! He laughed. Well, okay he didn't actually laugh, but I knew he was laughing at me on the inside. Once I cleaned off the ceiling and started another load of laundry, he was ready to eat again. Ah, the circle of life (sing it, its funnier).

Today was a weepy day for me. Not that anyone reads this thing to find out about me. I watched Patch Adams, cried. Watched The Notebook, cried. Why not watch a comedy you say!? Have YOU ever tried watching something funny while breastfeeding? Not a good idea to laugh when something is attached to your nipple I can tell you. Also, I miss my husband so much. I know, he comes home early, and he is so helpful because after working all day he helps around the house and takes the baby off my hands. But I don't think I have spent one minute talking with just him and I am beginning to really miss him.

Oliver's doctor called this morning and told me that he has a jaundice level of 14. They don't start to worry until it is above 20 but they want to make sure it is going down instead of up, so they want us back for another blood test tomorrow afternoon. I am going to start getting ready now so that I can maybe be on time.

No comments: