Monday, January 21, 2008

Feed the world


I woke up this morning with one thought, where are the other four children I am supposed to be feeding? Yes, that is right, my milk is in! With a vengeance. There is no possible way that one seven pound baby can eat this much and not explode. Right now he prefers the right to the left, I think it is just easier for him as the milk is always right there, he has to work a bit harder on the right one. CT is getting jealous of nursing. He has asked me to try pumping so that he can give a bottle a few times a day, bonding time for the men you know. I think he is out getting bottles as we speak. Well, bottles and a tool box, man those Sears guys are gonna be confused...

We hit a milestone last night! Oliver got the hiccups for the first time since he has been born. CT thought it was the most brilliant thing he had ever seen. Yes, we have video and yes, it will be posted here. I am so excited about spending my days with this little man, and I don't blame CT at all for being sad about going to work tomorrow. He is the sweetest baby so far and slept 8 hours last night. I only had to get up at 1am, 4am and 8am to feed him. I was actually up more than him because I was trying to figure out why he wasn't crying more often. Convinced he was sick, I kept waking up to make sure he wasn't feverish.

Dante (the family dog) is an over concerned protector and if I thought it was annoying that she barked at every passerby before, it has got even worse. Every time Oliver fusses, Dante is right there waiting for us to come get the baby and take care of him. I am glad that they are getting along. Of course, Oliver is so chill it would take a lot to rattle him. He definitely gets that from his daddy since apparently I cried for the first 18 years of my life according to my mom. I have yet to start sleeping through the night.

Oliver goes in to see the doctor tomorrow. I will definitely post on that tomorrow. His first outing!! My mom will be helping me as I am not to drive for the next two weeks. I have the most amazing friends and family, they have been visiting, bringing meals and helping us more than I could ask for. This baby is nothing if not loved.

3 comments:

Liz said...

How wonderful is the Internet and blogging! It's almost like coming over for a visit...thank you for being such a wonderful new mom and recording all these memories and for sharing them with all that care!
Love you Aunt Liz

Unknown said...

I love that y'all have added video!

Papaw said...

i fully agree with you mom on the crying thing, but was unaware you had stop! Congrats on you accomplishment!!