Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting to be fun


Not that he wasn't always fun, but I admit, this parenting thing is getting to be a blast! He responds now, he signs when he wants something (hit or miss - we are still working on it) he is starting to understand his world and I am itching to show him everything. I show him that everything in the world has a name and a sign. We are like the first people on earth, naming everything. Leaf, tree, squirrel, tomato, bug! We play music. Sometimes I am on drums, he is on the xylophone, then we switch. We like to dance, he likes to run in my arms, and he has just learned to climb stairs - up and down.

He is my little man. Every day is an adventure to see what will happen next. He is unlike all other babies. No open handed wave for my guy, nope! He prefers to make a fist and roll it around in the air like he is conducting a band. When he is really excited to see you, he will use BOTH fists. During our walks he cheese grins at neighbors, chats with squirrels and yells at scarecrows. He points out flowers that I may not have seen and gently pats the blooms.

He moves so fast now! He has the crawling thing down - much to our cats chagrin - and will pull up and walk around anything he is given. He is everywhere. He opens doors, he shuts doors, he opens doors, he shuts doors. Very intelligent!

Oh, and did I mention he is walking now!?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget the deer! Oliver knows to look up and around when we say, "Oliver, look at the deer!" He hollers at them and waves his little fists and leans forward against the seatbelt of his stroller to go get them. Then wonders why they run from him. He is such a pleasure!
And we're going to attempt his first slumber party Saturday at Grandmommy's house, without mommy and daddy! See my blog to find out how that goes! http://thehansen.blogspot.com/

Britt said...

HOW CUTE! He's so big and I think he takes after me sticking his booty out like that when he walks. :)