Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My kid is boring

We had our 9 month check-up yesterday! At 20lbs, 28 inches he is in the 50th percentile all the way around. His iron levels were perfect, and he didn't even flinch when they stuck him for the blood test! Don't let the pearls fool you, he is pretty much the strongest boy in the world. When the doctor came in to tell us all of his stats it seemed like all she could do just to keep from yawning. Healthy, uninteresting and dare I say...perfect?

Example of how I talk to the doctor (Italics are to myself):
Doctor: Is he still breastfed?
Me: Yes
Doctor: Good for you! How often are you breastfeeding? 3-4 times a day?
Me: Yes. Usually more, sometimes much more
Doctor: Are you still giving him vitamins?
Me: Yes. Through breastmilk and whole foods, not that liquid vitamil crap.
Doctor: Is he switching things from hand to hand? Scooting? Able to bear weight with help?
Me: Yes. And much much MUCH more.

Other than a really embarrassing incident where I yelled at the doctor for forcibly retracting his foreskin. Well, it DID look like that is what she was doing...how was I to know that she was just checking his testicle placement?! I feel any hands on his junk other than his is a threat given our culture. Luckily she totally understood, she has sons herself!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I find him very entertaining myself...what do doctors know!

Alice said...

Definetly not boring!

Britt said...

Cute video! When we get back, we should teach him "What does Brew say?" and Oliver will say, "CRASH, BANG, SLOSH!"