Saturday, October 18, 2008

The House Oliver Built

This weekend Oliver helped with Hands on Housing for the second time in his little life. Third, depending on when you believe life begins. This is a community outreach project that we do with the church twice a year. A family in need is chosen and we arrive at their house to do whatever we can to make their homes more safe, clean and beautiful. Sort of like a poor man's (no pun intended) Habitat for Humanity.

Oliver, not having full use of his thumbs, helped boost moral. Every time someone would get tired, they would grab some water and come snuggle or play with him! I think I freaked some people out by letting him crawl around in the grass, but it was nice grass, not weed-grass that we have.

Then came time to nap. So I walked him, and I wore him and I fed him and I walked him again. For two hours. And then, FINALLY when it was time to go, I handed him to CT while I packed up the car. 5 seconds later: sound asleep. Nice.

Also, GO HORNS!!!