Monday, October 20, 2008

MELTDOWN!!!

We tried to meet-up with some friends today. Key word being TRIED. Apparently, 9 months is the exact age at which they learn the intricacies of a real, honest to god tantrum. We have had crying before, we have even had throwing himself backwards out of our arms before, but never have we had it this bad.

It all started with it being a Monday. You see, Oliver ALWAYS has a case of the Mondays. CT believes it is because Oliver misses him after having him home all weekend, and I believe it is CT's fault for throwing the schedule off all weekend. Tomato, tomahto! Then, after not one, not two but three failed attempts at a nap, I decide that even if he is a bit cranky, we still need to go to the meet-up because I set it up. Well, I set it up a month ago, having no insight as to how he was going to behave this particular day.

We had just sat down, and I was just about to order an iced coffee, when he decided that all he wanted to do was to eat napkins. I, being the great and perfect mother I am, said no. This was NOT acceptable to him. He flew back, tossing his head, kicking his legs and screeching at the top of his lungs. And I was the crazy, stupid lady who brought a baby to a coffee shop. I was also the lady who marched her baby out of the coffee shop. I really thought I was going to have at least another three months before he became a complete brat. Oh well...

2 comments:

CT said...

What's with the Pampers box- is he on 'sposies now?

Also, give the guy a break- he's used to cloth napkins, which are perfectly acceptable to chew.

Britt said...

Alyssa, Oliver looks SO much like you when you were a baby in this video! Maybe he'll be a mommy look alike after all!