Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just in time!

CT got home at 9pm last night from his big important business trip. Oliver started puking his guts out at 11pm. Awwww, was waiting for daddy! This is our first bout with sickness, and it SUCKS. The poor little guy wakes up, demands to nurse and then about 5 minutes later is writhing in agony, then he choke/gag/pukes all over the floor. I then rock him in the glider (who has never seen such action before) until he falls back to sleep. This cycle repeats every hour or so. Linda Blair has nothing on this kid. I have never seen him so unhappy.

No fever or diarrhea, so it isn't looking like Rotavirus, and I am nauseous too, so I guess it could have been something we ate and it is just affecting him more. I will be calling the doctor this morning, who will of course suggest the sugar water called, Pedialyte. No thanks, I would rather feed him the medicine my body makes specifically for the sickness he has, but thanks for the suggestion. I have to chart pee diapers like he was a newborn to make sure he isn't getting dehydrated. I just want to hold him. He hasn't slept this late...ever.

Of course, CT's first comment: What did you give him? What did mommy do to you while I was gone? Oh nice, now my heart is broken along with me being worried out of my mind. Yes, he did eat some dish detergent yesterday morning, but I think I got it all out, he puked a few minutes later (apparently didn't like the taste) and has none of the symptoms related to poisoning by detergent. I don't get it...what DID I do??

Pray for us. It is a dark and very moist hour here at the Goss residence.

Update: I knew he was really sick when he laid his head on my chest for 20 minutes while awake. The doctor says it is just a bug and that we should just keep nursing as often as he wants to keep him hydrated. The throwing up is almost over and the diarrhea should start any second and last for days. YAY!

5 comments:

CT said...

Correction: 100.2 fever and a little diarrhea. It seems like a bit of a stomach flu, and we're going to the doc this morning.

Suna Kendall said...

Take care of that sweet fellow. It is so awful when your baby gets sick.

Liz said...

Poor baby...I will be praying for you all. love you

Unknown said...

Waiting to hear the doctor's diagnosis, but I'll bet it's a stomach virus, just hope it doesn't go through the whole family! The last I heard is that he's acting like his old self this morning. So that's really reassuring.
You know Oliver is almost 10 months old and this is the very first time he's been sick. Bravo to the best mommy and daddy!

Rae said...

I was wondering why you haven't been on the CD board lately and now I see why. So sorry you guys are pukey. I hope you all feel better soon. It stinks when your baby is sick.