Thursday, January 22, 2009

Walker: Texas Baby

Well, you know how a few months ago I ranted and raved about my neighbors who fed my 5 month old an animal cookie? Well, they have once again been a very big part of a very big milestone.

Yesterday, January 21st, my baby took his first solo steps. Right into the arms of...my neighbor Gean. How mad was my mom?! In his defense, we see our neighbors so often, he may think he is related to them, and SOMEONE had to win the race to be his walking goal. I am so glad I didn't miss it, although of course, I didn't have my video camera on me. Le Sigh! As soon as he does it again, I will take video and post it here for you all to see. He still prefers crawling to walking, but we are days away from having a toddler.

It was so weird, cause I was staring right at him when he did it. He turned from the chair I was in, took two or three whole steps with NO stumbling or falling and grabbed onto Gean. It was fabulous, and I almost started crying. He had been walking around with his rolly toys (pictured) for months but I guess he was waiting to get it perfect before he showed off a solo act!

Gean said that it was due to the inaguration the day before. He finally had a future worth walking for!