Saturday, January 10, 2009

Spooning with my baby

Oliver is using a spoon now. You know, 'cause he rolls like that. He started begging for my spoon so that he could fling - insert messy food here - all over the kitchen. I kept taking it away, he kept screaming, rinse, repeat. However, in my efforts to get healthier (me and Oprah getting skinny together!!) I have oatmeal every morning. Oliver really enjoys oatmeal. I have the allotted three spoonfuls I can shove in my face before Food Stealer can crawl over to me, and then, Oliver, in his infinite wisdom, took my spoon, dipped it carefully in the oatmeal and carefully brought it to his mouth!!! I am so proud! The dog remained unoatmealed and Oliver was quite proud of himself. I swear this kid gets fine motor skills before he gets gross ones. Is that normal?

After he was done with his breakfast, he grabbed his walker and toddled off to the kitchen to once again show me all my Tupperware - so nice of him to do inventory of our cabinets so often, a chore I often neglect. He refuses to walk without some sort of support, and he really doesn't enjoy us holding his hands very much, he wants to do it HIMSELF. This means chasing down a very small man in the park who is pushing an empty stroller, moving bar stools from the hallway several times a day and turning the push toy so that he can stop banging it against the wall loudly.

Yes, mealtimes are changing at the Goss residence! Instead of moaning "uuuuuuuhhhh" when he wants more, we have really been pushing the "more" and the "all done" signs. He has now done the more sign twice!!! About time!!! I was about to loose my mind, more? all done? what do you want!??!!? Before this, I had been offering him each thing on his plate, more greenbean? more corn? more chicken? No? Okay, ALL DONE! He is pretty good about nodding and shaking his head for yes and no though, so that is nice.

Now if we could just figure out what "dat" is...

1 comment:

Tristian said...

Haha, Ginny says "dat!", too. Usually in some sort of reference to our pets... hmm.... lol!