Monday, January 12, 2009

Hair: Not the Musical

My friends warned me that I would find something to obsess about to distract me from his first birthday. One friend of mine said that since she had decided to do a "monkey" theme party, she went bonkers buying everything monkey. She seriously went ape-shit (pun intended) and bought 12 different monkey outfits. Finally, after many long nights stalking an ebay auction for pants with a tail, her sister gave her a much needed slap on the cheek and asked her if possibly, this wasn't about monkeys.

At the time (last Friday) I giggled at my friend and secretly patted myself on the back for being such a laid back trooper of a mom. And then it hit. MY obsession.

While nursing him during a nap, and playing with his hair, I noticed that Oliver was turning into Olivia. I realized Ollie needs a haircut pretty badly, I mean it is getting all mullety. So we are going to get it cut next week before his birthday party - oh dear god - on Saturday. Just thinking about this makes me SO sad. I mean, sure he is still going to have hair, but this is the hair I made. Not solid food, not cows milk. This was the hair that was there inside me, that was there for his birth and we are cutting it off to let new "man made" hair grow. I know it is stupid. But I feel like I am cutting off the last thing that makes him babyish, and now he will just be a walking talking boy.

Will Oliver get a haircut? Will I lose my mind first?? Stay tuned sports fans for the continuing, hair raising adventures of Super Mullet!

6 comments:

Britt said...

It wasn't SO bad, plus he looks the most handsomest ever now.

Suna Kendall said...

Well, one good thing about being an old hippie mom is that long hair on boys does not bother you. And believe me, my boy is a MAN (it's the 18th anniversary of me being a mother today).

royal said...

Hi,
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Finding People Online

royal said...

Awesome Post!
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Best E-Learning Script

royal said...

Fabulous Sharing!
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
How To Unlock My Blackberry Pearl

royal said...

Hi,
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Unlock Codes For Blackberry