Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Baby!

Well, it happened, despite my instinct to wrap my baby up, put him in his car seat and just keep driving until we outran his birthday. If such a thing was possible, I would have done it. The party was wonderful, lots of friends for Oliver - though he was too busy with
his friends, his cake and a (clean) sand pit to really care about the party.

With a first birthday comes questions, emotions, and an overwhelming sense of loss, accomplishment, pride and joy. And there will be time for me to blog about all of that, but this isn't the time. Now is the time to celebrate.

Playing with sand. This is a quality addition to any kid's party. Well, any kid who doesn't have a crazy parent who is afraid of sand. Long story... anyway, my mom made this sand pit out of a huge planter. It was just the right size for all the toddlers that were there! Oliver did little else, and ignored all the toys that were inside the house.

The cakes were lovely!! The smash cake (below) was made by Oliver's grandmommy - SO CUTE! and the big cake (right) was made by Oliver's very talented cousin, Jonathan! They were both delish!











Oliver couldn't get enough of the turkey legs. It was so cute, he would open his mouth up SO wide to get the optimal amount of turkey in there. People standing nearby were both amazed and a bit frightened of getting turkey bits flung upon them.





The face says it all I think. Sometimes a baby is so full he needs his pants unbuttoned. Thankfully his good friend Carolyn, along with tiny baby Cora (internal) was there to assist. The thing that made my heart melt was that even after the cake, ice cream, turkey, potato salad and broccoli that my little boy ate that night, he still begged to nurse to top it all off. He was so full he kept unlatching and groaning. Hee hee!



For comparisons sake, one year ago during our first, badly latched, improperly positioned breastfeeding session and the one year anniversary of the best relationship I have ever had. I love you little man!! Wow, my hair has gotten MUCH better.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Oliver!!

Your little blog just made me tear up! They get big too fast!! Congrats on making it a year with the boob! It only gets better;))

~melissasue

Rae said...

Ok...thanks for making me cry! Ollie is precious. Happy Birthday Oliver and Happy Birthing Day Mama!! Congrats on your 1 year breastfeeding milestone. What an amazing gift you're giving your sweet boy!

-Rae (Lola)

Britt said...

Man, this was a good one. I know you pride yourself on the crying posts and you're 0 for 3...or is it 3 for 0...whatevs, you know what I mean! Love you Alyssa and your little boy too.

royal said...

Fabulous Sharing!
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Match Online Dating

royal said...

Hi,
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Online E-Learning Software

royal said...

Awesome Post!
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Unlock Codes For Blackberry

royal said...

Fabulous Post!
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
how to unlock blackberry curve