Monday, September 22, 2008

I got a lot of living to do!

Due to an overwhelming response to Oliver's comments on his own life, I have asked that he update you more often in "his own words". Also by request: a translator.

Oliver: Hello my fans and family! It is I, Ollie G here with another fascinating update! I grew two feet last week, but suddenly all the furniture in my house is angry at me and have been punching me in the face for no reason. I wonder what I did to make them so mad?

Translator: Oliver learned to pull up on thing last week and has since been falling down regularly, hitting every sharp edge on the way down.

Oliver: Due to extreme conditions, I now have to use my knees to get around. It sort of hurts, but it is better than the alternative.

Translator: When we visited his Aunty and Uncle in New Mexico, the floors were so cold he could no longer stand to scoot on his tummy, so he all of a sudden started crawling everywhere.

Oliver: The kitty has started really liking me. She doesn't run as fast when she sees me coming, and she pats my cheek and chucks me under the chin. So funny!

Translator: Oliver is as fast as the cat but quiet enough so that she doesn't see him coming any longer. However, she still has claws and has used them twice to warn him. It doesn't work.

Oliver: Not everything is happiness in my world. My mouth is full of sharp objects and these people I live with won't give me any good food, only this mushy stuff that I can only assume is for fingerpainting.

Translator: Oliver has almost 8 teeth now, found 5 and 6 yesterday and 7 and 8 cut through today. Poor guy is going through the rigors of teething at lightning speeds. He accepts that he must eat solids twice a day, and will even swallow, most of the time, but would prefer to have my Frank and Angie's pepperoni pizza.

Oliver: I can fly now.

Translator: We installed a baby swing outside. He loves it.




2 comments:

summermiles said...

I was hoping you would come back, missed reading to Cade about the adventures of Mr. Ollie G!

Unknown said...

Welcome Back! I missed you! I laughed out loud when I read, "I can fly now."
Love you!