Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sit, crawl, sleep, repeat.

Well what do you know, Oliver sits. The only problem he has with sitting is that he would rather stand. If he is laying down he does these baby crunches trying to sit up until I finally stop laughing at his efforts, take pity on him and help him get up right. He looks like a flipped over pill bug. The distressed look on his face is priceless! I don't know when I switched to not wanting to break the baby to watching him as he face plants on the floor trying to get a toy. The whole process of learning to move is a bit violent. He never cries, unless it is from frustration so I know it doesn't hurt, but I can't help but cringe every single time. Along with sitting, he is now creeping around. I haven't ever seen this happen, but one second he is in the middle of the room and the next he is under the bed. Yes, thats right, he wiggled underneath the bed. I suspect teleportation. He also uses his feet like hands. I blame his father.

Tooth number two is FINALLY in! He has been Cranky P. McGee for the past few days, but today I think he finally got some relief because he has been sleeping most of the day. We are talking 10-12, 2:30-4:15, 4:30-7 and asleep for the night at 8pm. I am checking on him every half hour because this is not at all normal for him. It is feast or famine with that kid!! He fussed until I put him in his crib, where he turned onto his side and fell asleep each time without complaint. So far I have been able to do laundry, the dishes, cook dinner and EVEN EAT. I could get used to having a "life" I hear so much about! To everyone who has even thought of having children, stock up on Hyland's Teething Tabs - they must be made from angel tears or unicorn pee because they work like magic.

1 comment:

DianeS said...

Ya know, I'm pretty sure I don't want to put unicorn pee in my baby's mouth. Just saying'.