Sunday, July 27, 2008

This part of the day...

...shouldn't exist!!! It is 5:30am, the baby is wide awake playing on the floor. I am drinking coffee. Why so early? Because CT went off on a coughing jag, waking the baby up. If he doesn't watch it, I'm going to give him something to cough about!! It is a wonder to me as to why I am the one who is up with the kid and CT is the one who is sleeping soundly (until I smother him) upstairs.

Yes, he has been going through some ch-ch-ch-changes lately. Of course, he is in a discovery phase - that I hope never ends - right now, so I imagine every day for him is like an adventure. Do you think that Jack from Beanstalk fame took the time out to find food when he was walking around the giant's house? You think Chris Columbus was all "yea, this is nice, but where can I find some shut eye??" when he saw America for the first time? And when Captain Picard stumbled upon the Q Continuum did he go about his day with out argument? No of course not!

To nerd it up a bit, as if the Star Trek reference hadn't accomplished the destruction of my reputation enough, it is like World of Warcraft. I imagine that when a baby is just about to learn to do something new and different, they forgo all other things to master that skill. Likewise, WoW fans are known to not eat, not sleep and wear diapers to avoid potty breaks (just like babies!) when they are about to beat a particularly fierce opponant - a 13 year old named Carl who lives in Virginia.

With that thought, I leave you with a video of Oliver learning. Looks like fun doesn't it?

No comments: