Wednesday, July 9, 2008

When are you going to wean?


My baby is getting so big!! He is learning how to pull my shirt down (oh no!) and he enjoys eating sitting up since sitting up is his favorite new trick. He also has two teeth, first kid in his online buddy group that is his age to get teefers!! So now I am faced with people from all sides asking when in the world am I going to wean? I have tried to be nice about this. I wrote an entire blog about the benefits of Full Term Breastfeeding, I showed my well researched sources to no avail. So, instead of spouting facts at them, (like the American Academy of Pediatrics and the World Health Organization says at LEAST a year, but the longer the better) because obviously, these people aren't reading THOSE blog posts. I have come up with creative responses because they are more fun! So, the next time someone asks me when I am going to wean, or tells me it is time to wean, I will say any of the following responses:

"When you start"

"Why stop now, he is just starting to show he enjoys it!" (Pulling my shirt down, divebombing, signing for it)

"When you stop asking"

"When I can afford a wet nurse"

"Every time you ask, I tack on a year"

"I figure I will have to stop when he goes to college. I can't be making trips to his dorm room every few hours."

"When his prom date arrives at the front door."

"Until he learns to cook dinner, he gets what I serve"

"Allergies!? You wish him ALLERGIES" - This is only funny for those who are familiar with the Hugga Bunch Movie.

"If I tattooed 'Nestle' on my boob would you get off my back?"

"Formula feeders don't get an opinion"

Let this be your warning. If you ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers. Also, asking someone when they are going to stop feeding their child is RUDE. You wouldn't ask someone when they are going to stop diapering their baby would you? It is obvious, when they stop needing it.

2 comments:

Liz said...

GOOOOODDDDD Answers! I especially like the prom one...

Unknown said...

hahaha! My favorite is the Hugga Bunch Movie adapted quote. LOL

Why would you stop doing the best thing you can do for your son? Silly-Heads!