Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ode to Daddy

Of all the tall guys in my life, I like this one the best. He is just the right big so that I feel secure yet superior when he puts me on his shoulder. He knows just the amount of sway/rock that I like to put me at ease. When I want something, but The Boob isn't it, that something is him...or my paci, but he gets that for me too. The first thing he does when he wakes up is to check on how I slept, followed by a quick change before breakfast. Who knew a new diaper could be so much fun!?

We have the best time! Sometimes he reads me stories, sometimes he sings me songs. I guess he read somewhere that I might like high voices better, so he sings like a lady sometimes. He tells me jokes and I try so hard to laugh but I haven't quite chosen my laugh yet. He knows this and so tries all sorts of different laughs out on me. I have narrowed it down to three, the chuckle, the guffaw and the giggle. Right now, when he talks to me I get so excited all I can do is gasp for air. He is that funny.

He is a big important person. I know because he has a tappy screen that he uses at night so he can be around me and do his work at the same time. I never have bad dreams because I know he is so big the monsters wouldn't dare! His beard tickles me when he kisses me goodbye in the morning, but I can't wait for him to be home so I can get tickled when he kisses me hello in the evening. He worries that I am cold and The Boob worries when I am hot, between them, I stay just right.

Yes, it is too bad that not every baby can have the tall guy like I do. I shall name him something special because of all the things I love about him. I shall name him...Daddy.

2 comments:

Alice said...

He's always been one of my favorite tall guys!

Liz said...

Alyssa/Oliver...you make life so special with your perspective...thanks for blogging!