Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quick Naptime Update


I don't have a whole lot of time recently to blog what with Oliver crawling everywhere, our new playgroups and my new full time career as a Professional Troll Hunter. I realize I have left everyone hanging on a few topics so I thought I would update while the lion sleeps.

Food
He is doing much better with solids. He gets about two tablespoons of rice cereal in the morning, but only if Daddy feeds him. Who knew such bonding could occur over mush!? We have also found that he loves sweet potato fries (baked not fried) because he gets to hold it while he munches, and the only puree we have found he enjoys is peaches, can't say as I blame him...it is delish. He is still breastfeeding most of the time, but we are almost up to three solids a day. I hate solids. Well, lets just say that I hate what solids do to his "Number Twos". GAG! I actually thought about switching to disposibles again after having to rinse an especially heinous poop this morning. Smelled like bad breath...from a corpse...a homeless corpse...a homeless corpse drowned in hot dog water.

Playtime
His favorite toy is a box that we put a bunch of wooden blocks in. He enjoys sitting and pulling everything out of the box, and then dragging the box around with him or wearing it as a hat. My dog's favorite toy is all of the wooden blocks we put in the box. In a related story, my living room looks like a saw mill.

Development
He is 19lbs, which is just over 50th percentile for weight. Apparently the solids are good for something, and he is getting way taller, we just had to lower his crib. The funny part about this is that I now need a step stool to put him in his crib for sleepy times. Embarrassing. He is scooting/crawling all over the place and he sits up on his own which is so cute to watch. He has also started pulling up on things this week, usually resulting in me lurching for him as he crashes to the ground. He is ready to stand, gravity is not.

Life in General
He has been a bit depressed lately as his dearest Aunty and Uncle B have moved to New Mexico. Also, one of his prime love interests, Hope, moved to Maine the same week with her parents, leaving him heartbroken. He is however excited about his first plane trip in a few weeks to visit his Britty and also about going to Maine to see the Hopester in November!

I will update with video of crawling and playing when I can, the Ollie is up from his Ollie Nap.


No comments: