Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And the Breastfeeding Emmy goes to...


...CSI!! I admit, I have been watching FAR too many back episodes of this show. They have 80 seasons by now, so it keeps me entertained while I am "cleaning" or the boy is sleeping. I have noted on SEVERAL occasions that breastfeeding is a theme. Ok, I admit, one time it was a grown man who liked to dress as a baby and suckle off his "mommy" but still, I feel the theme is still there. Lactation itself has been shown at least three times. In this age of Enfamil commercials cutting into programming to remind us that "Breast is Best" it is awesome to see this show taking a positive stand for breastfeeding.

-The following are mentions of pro-breastfeeding:
-Catherine (hot red head CSI) mentions breastfeeding her daughter exclusively
-Brass (policeman far left) admits he was breastfed
-A girl starts lactating in front of Catherine, leading her to realize the girl was pregnant
-The mother of a kidnapped little boy is shown lactating
-The mother of the "giant baby" says breastfeeding is coddling but then again, she is the mother of a grown man who dresses as a baby, so if that isn't a promo for the boob I don't know what is...
-The only episode formula is mentioned being used, the parents end up being the killer
-A mother stocks her fridge with breastmilk before 'committing suicide'
-The child who was breastfed was standing in his crib and therefore older than most babies shown breastfeeding on TV
-Catherine comments, "She wanted to make sure her baby was feed properly before she killed herself."

All of these mentions couldn't possibly be coincidence. Am I the only person who has noticed all of these?! Am I the only person who watches far too much CSI? Probably. Anyway, I leave you with the Oliver crawling around while what is on in the background? You guessed it! CSI!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww the crawling video is so cute :)
& I totally love your accent!!!

**largest eye roll ever known to mankind** can you imagine posting that on "that" site?
Esp. the part about she wanted to make sure her baby was fed properly?
You'd be banned for sure.. Woosies! LOL

I haven't seen these episodes as I've not long gotten into watching CSI but I hope if they've already been on they do repeats so I can look at admiration towards the smart writers who get it.

BTW how's the stalker situation going? Still trying to bask in your awesomeness?