Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things I have learned, pt. 2...am

Somethings only become apparent to you in the wee small hours of morning. Others only become apparent to you before the wee small hours of morning somewhere between the ballsack of midnight and the buttcrack of dawn. This is commonly referred to the "taint-ing" hour. This is when the real rumination begins. Personally, I have had many hours of this contemplation time lately, as Oliver has decided that 3am-5am is the time when all babies in the know like to party (this is how we do it!). Let me take this time to share with you some of my deep thoughts, also there are some shallow thoughts to fill in here and there.

-The dog will start barking only if the baby is asleep for the first time in 48 hours.
-The humane society only takes drop offs from the hours of 2pm-6pm.
-Risking your head exploding by holding in a sneeze is better than waking a sleeping baby.
-Your camera will run out of room right before the baby does something amazing.
-Begging has no effect on small children.
-Baby's have 6 foot long arms. Don't believe me? Put a plate of jalepenos on a table.
-Cats will only meow when the baby is almost sleeping.
-There is more than one way to skin a cat.
-It is possible for you to love AND hate your baby. Sometimes at the same time.
-There is a thin line between a laugh and a cry.
-Vaccuum cleaners are scary.
-Babies make good brooms once they become mobile.
-The person who said, "don't force it" has never tried to put a 6 month old in a carseat.
-Sometimes all you need to sleep is someone to hold you.
-If you try to do too much, God will break your toe.
-Babies love puppets.
-Weekends are for daddies.
-The amount of poop is inversely proportional to the amount of wipes you have with you.
-Sleep is a luxury. Babies hate luxuries.

These are the things I have learned in my 6 months of being a mommy. Now that it is 5am, and I can no longer stand one more bad Samantha pun (I have been watching Sex and the City reruns during my midnight rendezvous) so I will bid you farewell, with a video of my son, and his first love.


2 comments:

Alice said...

You are so talented, you keep me in stitches!
I can't wait to love on that baby again!

INM said...

I am a fellow two week waiter. I really enjoyed reading your blogs. You are a very entertaining writer. Keep up the good work!!! And of course Oliver is adorable. You have inspired me to start a blog for my son.