Wednesday, June 4, 2008

We go schwimmin' in da poo

Oliver has mixed feelings about pools. At first feel, they are shocking cold and a little scary. But, give him some time and he eases into it, finds it even a little, dare I say, fun!? On Friday morning, CT and I took Oliver to the pool for the first time! It was a nice day, not too hot, not too cool. Oliver would have preferred the water to be a bit more warm, and so would have mommy, but thems the facts. CT of course was there with the camera, dry, and warm. Story of my life. He is sitting pretty and I am left holding the baby, completely soaked. Anyway, we started slowly, dipping his feet in and then a little more until full immersion was accomplished. Being our child, Oliver was humiliated by my insistence that he wear a long sleeved shirt during his first swimming lesson. He was relieved that he was not forced to wear the silly hat and sunglasses that has yet to fit his tiny 25 percentile pin head.

He cried a few times, but I like to think that was his reaction to me in a swimsuit and not the water itself. By the time he had overcome his shock at my fleshy wake, and started enjoying himself...the video camera had run out of batteries. Wow, sure am glad we got that thing, makes a nice paperweight on a breezy day at the pool. Anyway, enjoy the video...and know that the apparent torture the child was experiencing did end up in him kicking, splashing and having a good time!

2 comments:

Britt said...

I'm a sucker for a crying baby, always have been, probably always will be...until I have kids of my own that is.

Unknown said...

Oliver can't wait for the beach this weekend, the giant bathtub is warm!