Monday, June 16, 2008

Are. You. Serious?


Yesterday, we went over to a neighbor's house to have dinner. Actually, we kinda crashed their family dinner by just dropping in on them rudely. While I was chatting with my neighbor Gean and her daughter, Emily, the patriarch of this family decided it would be cute to give my baby an animal cookie. Not his fault, he had no idea that Oliver had never had solids before. Luckily CT was there to correct him gently and remove the cookie from our son's pudgy hand right? WRONG. CT giggled and let my child eat it. Well, at least we got video and pictures of this momentous event. WRONG AGAIN. It was a totally spontaneous happening and there was no documentation. It is a good thing I got to see it happen so I can remember it always...oh, whats that you say? Oh yea, thats right, I didn't get to see it. Thats right! His first solids and I didn't even get to see it.

I could cry.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Awww. Declan decided when he was going to start solids. This child, who had issues with cow's milk (when I drank it he got sick), bent over and took a huge hunk of my ice cream cone and practically inhaled it, to his great delight.

Oh well. He now loves liver, so I approve of his eating habits.

Honestly, though, I'd never feed anyone's baby anything without asking, in these days of food allergies and such.

Unknown said...

Oh! Honey!
I guess if this is the worst thing that happens, everything will be okay, right?
But, still...