Thursday, June 18, 2009

Riding on a Train!

Sometimes being a stay at home mom really gets you down. There is the boredom, the lack of respect, the dishes, the whiny kid tugging at you all day long. Sometimes though, there are these moments where you stop and think, wow, how lucky am I that I get to do these things with this amazing human being I made!? Instead of sitting behind a desk doing a job I hate, I get to watch a new human experience things for the very first time. I get to watch him form his opinions, likes and dislikes and actually see him learn. I had once such moment today.

We were going to go to Barton Springs, which was closed for cleaning (how do you clean a natural spring? Do you take all the salamanders out and scrub them down??) because it was a Thursday, so instead we decided to go play on the playscape. Well, the playscape was closed due to "Tree Observation." Honestly? What in the world could be so important about watching a tree that they had to shut down a playground? Unless they do tricks, I say open it back up!

An hour, one jug of water, and one very smelly diaper change later, we decided to ride the Zilker Zephyr, the little kid train that goes around the park. This was Oliver's very first time on a train and he did so very well....most of the time. He wanted to nurse through most of it because it was naptime - my bad!- but the rest of the time...well, see for yourself!

1 comment:

Britt said...

Oh man, that's awesome! I wish I had gone with y'all, that's a great memory I have of our childhood. He's precious!