Thursday, June 11, 2009

In My Room by Oliver Goss


Oliver here! Just woke up from another night in my very own room. Its amazing what a bed of your own can do, I am not nearly as hungry as I used to be when I slept with mommy but sometimes I get scared because I forget that I am a big boy by myself. Its a good thing I have this built in alarm system! I just set it off and daddy comes running!

Thats another thing, at first, when I got my room, Mommy would come every time I called her. Sometimes I would wait until the sun was awake, but sometimes I couldn't wait that long! She would come in, rudely remind me that Nursies went night-night (this made me angry and it is very hard to sleep when I am angry) but eventually I would forget why I started crying in the first place and go to sleep. Well, now, Mommy goes to sleep WITH Nursies. Why the sudden change of heart?! They never used to have to sleep! The first few times that Daddy showed up when I set off my alarm it scared me. I thought something had happened to Mommy and Nursies, maybe they were somewhere and hurt and they needed me! Or, maybe I did something to make them mad, and they were never ever coming back!!

Luckily, Daddy would assure me that they were just night night and that as soon as it was light outside, we could go visit them and have all the Nursies I wanted. I sorta didn't believe him at first, but he was right!! As soon as I could see the sun outside, he brought me to Mommy in our old room and we cuddled until morning time!

Now here are some pictures of Daddy helping me put the bed together!


And my doctor was worried about fine motor skills....HAHAHAHA!


2 comments:

Liz said...

It was nice Oliver let his daddy hepl him so he did feel left out ;~} very sweet!

Unknown said...

I love this story! I wish you would write more!!!