Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Easy Going Baby


He wakes up cranky...but forgets when he starts to smile
He hates to stop playing so we can shower...but plays peek-a-boo in the mirror
He pretends to eat his oatmeal...but dumps it out when I turn around
He drinks all of his cows milk...but begs to nurse afterwards
He loves to sweep...but only with the big boy broom
He cries when he is made to sit in his highchair...but he loves to help cook
He cries when it is changing time...but he doesn't stop pooping
He cries when the music is too loud...but he can't help but dance
He goes to other moms when we are in public...but only wants mommy at home
He cries when he is put in his carseat...but waves at the cute boy in the mirror
He screams when I vacuum...but then laughs when I chase him with it
He fights naps...but is so grateful that I force him to take one
He loves to be read to...but wishes I could read more than one book at once
He cries when it is bath time...but loves to pee on the floor afterwards
He cries when I do laundry...but helps me put it away
He goes to sleep with no tears...but wakes up with them
He runs from me during the day...but clings to me at night

He is fearless...because he knows I am there to heal him
He is independant...because he knows I am there to run to
He is precious...because he is mine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

tears of joy

Liz said...

Oliver is loved!

Britt said...

I don't understand that video, but I love it! That boy is his daddy's child, you have done well encouraging those traits. :)