Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tiptoe through the Bluebonnets!!


Since the beginning of time, Texans have been traipsing their kids out on the side of busy highways, in the middle of private gardens and driving to BFE to find that perfect patch of bluebonnets. Do other states do this? I mean, do people in Indiana take photos in the Peonies? Do people in Massachusetts even KNOW what a Trailing-Arbutus IS much less know to search out this "flower" for a photo op!? I doubt it highly. Personally, I blame Lady Bird Johnson for this borderline obsession we all go through every March.

So anyway, I made my way down to Mexico (aka my friend Summer's house in south Austin) to seek out the best bluebonnet patch in town. It happened to be in the yard of a loony bin - okay fine, the neuro-rehab center - but it was well worth it. We must have looked like crazy people, we had two 10 month olds and a 14 month old all romping around these beautiful flowers. My son went out of his way to crush all of the flowers under heel. Summer's son, Caden made lunch out of a few choice 'bonnets, which I am pretty sure is illegal.

Anyway, aside from some heinous ant bites that I rightly received for stepping in a bed, it all went really well! Here are some pictures of my little man!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!
And the flowers aint bad either!

Suna Kendall said...

Thank you for keeping a noble tradition alive!

CT said...

More flowers please, Mama!

gean said...

For the record, we Hoosiers (people from Indiana) DO have our pics taken with peonies! HAHA
These are beautiful but where is Dante??

Rae said...

Those pics are TO DIE FOR!!! Oh Alyssa, he is so precious. What a sweet, sweet boy!!!