Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oliver: Plumber

Yesterday I made what I believe to be the biggest mistake of my parenting career. I did dishes. I know, it seems innocuous and pretty typical for a stay at home mom. Well, first, let me share that I believe that dishes are a man's job. Second, dishes are something that should never be done when a baby is awake. You turn your back to find a brillo pad, and the kid is running at top speeds with a butcher knife in his hands, and you don't even remember USING said knife!

So, yesterday afternoon, as CT was on his way home from work, I decide that since I stayed on the couch pretty much all day in a vicodin coma trying to pretend that the cramps didn't hurt anymore, I should hurry and pick up as much as I could before he got home. Pain is no excuse for a dirty house afterall, ladies!! So, as I am quickly shoving half rinsed dishes into the washer (you're welcome CT!) I hear a scary sound from the bathroom.

It was a tinkle, like a beer bottle being drug against something, and then a CRASH! followed by a huge SPLASH! It was only then did I remember we had a case of homebrew (relax, have a homebrew!) in the pantry, where the baby was playing. Following the crash, Oliver books it out of the half bathroom directly across the hall from the pantry. He is running as fast as his legs can carry him into the dining room.

I am sure we have lost a beer or two, and I am not happy about cleaning it up. Here is what I found when I peered into the bathroom.

The beer, was unscathed.

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

OMG. Lee and I are laughing and laughing. That is one creative young destroyer. Glad the beer is OK. Glad you have more than one bathroom.

Mandy Chalman said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry about the toilet, but that is the funniest thing I have read/heard in weeks! I love that he ran from it. :)