Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Four Month Appointment


Well, today was a red letter day. Oliver had his four month doctor appointment and he did really well, even with the nasty shots. As a side note, the next kid will be on a spaced out, delayed shot schedule. I just think 5 each time is absurd. Anyway, he got his shots, and spit out the rotovirus. The nurse said it was so sugary most kids like it, well not my kid! He spit all of it out, so I guess he protests the amount of immunizations as well. He cried for a few seconds, but as soon as he had his mommy he stopped.

The good part? He weighs 15lbs, 10oz and is 25" long! The doctor said he is a poster child for breastfeeding and that he needs nothing else until 6 months. At that time, we are to start him on rice (brown organic) cereal. Just a little bit at a time if he likes it we can move on to other foods. I look forward to solids because I don't feel rushed into it. It is nice to have a doctor who backs you up on such things!

He is on track or ahead of schedule on all milestones, she was a little worried about him not laughing yet and then he did that squeak squeal he does all the time, and she was all, what do you call that!? I guess he has been laughing for about a month if that counts. I was thinking laughing meant giggles, which he never does. I think it is just because we aren't very funny. Well, I am, but CT, not so much.

The doctor also complimented us on his diapers. When was the last time a baby in pampers got compliments - I ask you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The doctor just confirmed what I've been saying, you and CT are amazing parents, and Oliver is outstanding!
...and standing.