Friday, February 20, 2009

We're Going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo


Lions and tigers and bears! Oh my! Well, the bears weren't out, HUGE disappointment as one does expect a certain level of animals when visiting the zoo, bears and penguins being high on the list. There were a bunch of big cats, and since this was the Austin zoo and smaller than others, you could get right up on them. Really neat! Oliver pointed and said, "kitty!" Apparently, size is no object for that boy's love of all things feline. I forsee his wife having to invest in a Catwoman mask at some time...

We also learned that everything black and white are not "moos" or cows. Some are goats, some are pigs and some are zebras. Oliver did say "goat" for the first time...or he was asking us to GOoooo because the goats smelled terrible. Side note: how can anyone like goat cheese? It smells and tastes like goat in the worst way.

We went to the zoo with our good friend Summer (of the amazing Summer Miles Photography) and her beautiful and sweetly tempered baby son, Cade. I am a slacker mom and forgot my camera on one of the most important firsts of my child's life, but Summer brought hers, so I will post when she sends them to me (hint hint Summer!). Of course, of all the animals we saw, of all the wonders of the world that we were witness to, wide eyed lemurs and roaring tigers - and they DID roar - my son found his favorite exhibit.

The Coke machines.

1 comment:

CT said...

Don't forget the man on the tractor. That's one of the best exhibits at the zoo!