Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mommy's Day Out

Oh 'twas heaven! CT took Oliver for the day and I got to do whatever I wanted, All. Day. Long. My day started with a cup of coffee, drank it slow and easy. Then, a shower until I got pruny. I got an hour long massage (which made me oily - should have done this first) and it was great! The massage therapist asked if I did heavy lifting for a living. Apparently hauling a soon to be toddler all over creation creates quite the back muscles!

I went home for lunch - because I am still somewhat on a budget - and I painted my toenails. There was much knitting and relaxing and watching of trashy television! Then, a friend called and asked if I wanted to see a movie. DO I!? Know what is better than a movie? Movie with a bucket of beer. And so it was, we went to Alamo Drafthouse for brews and cinema. Note: Role Models isn't as stupid as it looks

After the movie, I met a second friend for drinks and sushi. About halfway through dinner I remembered that I was a mommy. Rather, my boobs reminded the entire restaurant by inflating to twice their size and leaking all over my sashimi. If I was any less blissed out I would have been embarrassed. So, after hurrying home to pump I took a long long long bath with a good book.

You know how youth is wasted on the young? Well solitude is wasted on the single.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

That last comment could NOT be more true.