Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brotherly love


...and I worried! Oliver loves loves his baby sister. When she cries he hups to and demands that whoever is holding her give her back to "mommy"!! He wants to hold her all the time and pat her head and
"boop" her nose over and over again. We have actually had to put a moratorium on all nose "boops" during nap and feeding times. The only thing he will not do is kiss her. No idea why, but perhaps for now that is a good thing!

This morning, Oliver found an old pacifier somewhere and tried to give it to Henley. Being the superb mother I am, I told him that he would have to wash it first before giving it to her, hoping that it would distract him long enough for him to forget what he was doing. Not my son! He went into the bathroom, washed it, and brought it back to a sleeping Henley. No matter, Oliver (ever the engineer) decided to MAKE it fit in her closed mouth. Let me tell you something, babies hate it when fake nipples are squashed into their scream holes! It was still a really sweet gesture. I am really worried about Henley's tongue tie so I am feeding her all the time to make sure that my milk comes in properly. Oliver is also doing his part to assist.

Oliver is having some behavioral problems, but they have less to do with the baby and more to do with the fact that I am in bed, trying to heal instead of crawling around on the floor with him constantly. Oh, and the fact that he is cutting all four molars this month. ARG!! I am so thankful that we have a ton of family nearby, it is the only way to have two kiddos, for real!

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

I am so glad he's enjoying her. It usually goes well until the baby can take toys away. Heal as well as you can!

royal said...

Hi,
Pick Update create a track for a single men and women meet, flirt, date and fall in love, Providing time and meet again through online dating.Thousands of single men and women right in your area have posted personal ads on PickUpDate.com.

Thanks for sharing information!
Online Single Dating