Monday, January 25, 2010

Filling an Extension

Apparently I only have 58 days until my due date. I shoved a calendar up my ying yang so that the baby can see when that is, cause otherwise it might just come whenever it damn well pleases and that is just not okay to all of my church people, facebook friends, relatives, shoe salesmen, cleaning crews and grocery checkout people who must know the date of the "big day". Seriously, some guy asked me when the big day was and I just told him that I would let him know as soon as the baby decided to come out.

58 days is not enough time. When I think it could be less (Oliver was born at 39 weeks) it sends me into a panicked frenzy. This frenzy usually culminates in me doing the following things.

1. Making crock pot meals for an entire week.
2. Asking CT when the bathroom tile is going to be done, or even started.
3. Start researching diaper bags and double strollers before realizing we have no money for either and giving up again.

So here we are, knock knock knocking at 32 weeks pregnant! My sciatica is once again under control and not causing me to sob uncontrollably in front of my son (seriously, if I had the option two weeks ago, I would have scheduled CT's vasectomy) and with the exception of getting next to no sleep at night, things are looking up! The morning sickness has been replaced with the acute feeling that this baby is trying to crawl its way out of my body through the sun roof and the disconcerting thought that it must be part puma with claws like that.

I have plenty to keep me busy until my final days as a single child mom. Bradley classes (which are going awesome except for the fact my teacher is a kook) every Wednesday until March, trying to finish up my Leader App for La Leche League by the time the baby comes earthside, planning Jessalyn's wedding shower (oh and also what in the world I am going to say during the ceremony when I marry them), I have my own "Belly Blessing" the last weekend of February, followed by a get away to the family farm in March that still needs to planned. Maternity pictures, home renovations, cooking enough for me not to have to worry, playdates, etc. etc. etc. I am a busy woman, no wonder the second pregnancy goes by so fast!

So, obviously, I can't do it all. This baby is just gonna have to wait until May. Yes, May seems like a good time to do this whole labor/delivery thing. Does anyone know if I file my extension with the IRS or is that a whole other department??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I seriously think you should carry around a little pad of paper and hand it to people who ask when the baby is due. Give me your phone number/email and I'll have someone contact you the minute it happens!
You make me LOL!

Britt said...

You could also take down the "Baby Number Two" babystrology.com clicker that's up on this page so people (like me) don't remind you of the countdown. OR, you could give us a round about time like mid March or even just narrow it down to a month of time. I don't need weeks (doesn't make sense anyway), I just want to know a guesstimate on when I should start upping my anxiety level and knowing when I should have my IM on at all times. We do it because we care (except for the creepy checker outer guy, he does it because he thinks you like it).

Sunny said...

Oh yes I did LOLcats!! I would put that up there with keeping my toddler rear-facing in his car seat as some of the most important things I've learned on NP.

Congrats for 32 weeks, that is a great milestone! I'm living for that one myself right now. I am jealous that it's flying by for you, ever since hitting bedrest I can basically tell you how many weeks, days, and minutes I am pregnant at all times.