Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years!!

I would feel left out if I was the only blogger in the entire blogsphere who didn't have a post on New Year's Day talking about what I have learned as a mom in 2009 and what I hope to accomplish in 2010. So I guess, here it is.

Things I have learned:
-Babies will sleep through the night as soon as you give up trying to make them sleep through the night
-They will also stop sleeping through the night as soon as you brag about it
-Baby mirrors were not made so the driver can see the child, they were made so the child can practice making faces
-If you are worried about your child's development, make a bunch of appointments to evaluate him, all the problems will resolve themselves as soon as the people arrive
-Every boy needs a dog
-...and a cat
-Helping in the kitchen means dinner will be 20-30 minutes late
-Helping in the garage means you will find a hammer in a flower pot two weeks later
-Foreskin is extremely stretchy
-If you want to know what proud guilt feels like, read a parenting book
-Pregnancy and diapers do not go together, but neither do pregnancy and potty training
-When given the choice between green pants and blue pants, a toddler will choose no pants
-There are at least 34 different meanings to the sentence "mama ball"

What I hope to accomplish:
-Take the breastfeeding counselor course
-Become a LLL leader
-Birth my newest child in the comfort of my own home
-Finally be able to hear my son's thoughts on life
-Be present and active in my children's lives
-Be active in our new community garden
-Immerse myself in this wonderful thing that is being a wife and mother
-Learn to knit in the round or on circular needles (what? a girl has hobbies!)
-Deepen my friendships, strengthen my marriage and soften my words
-Do lots and lots of things with my kids that are blog worthy!

And as a grand finale, Oliver says good-bye and hello.

4 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

Great list. I'd love to help with the knitting thing, but no longer can help with the organizational goals. Keep on gestating!

Britt said...

You made me laugh out loud with your "stretchy foreskin" bullet. I also love the "Deepen my friendships, strengthen my marriage and soften my words" bullet, that should probably be everyone's goal. And lastly, LOVED the video, he is the smartest!

SweetWICK said...

Your blog is super cute! So is your little one! Congrats!

Unknown said...

What Aunt Britty said!
He is just the most precious little boy in my world! I can't wait to find out all the things he has to say. I also laughed out loud when he hung up on dada and gently put the phone down on the driveway, (Like where else WOULD it go!) and turned to pick up and throw the leaves!