Sunday, October 11, 2009

Meltdown #1

Hey, I made it to nearly 17 weeks without an emotional meltdown!! Sure, these human emotions came creeping back almost immediately after I got that positive stick. I cry at the normal girl stuff like sappy movies, kid's books and the occasional country song, but no moment of, "hey, wait, why am I crying and why can't I stop." However, my streak was not to last.

Today I got up at 6:30 because of continued diarrhea - awesome! - which woke the baby up. While the kiddo ate his oatmeal, I started to read a 94 page paper on the Swine Flu vaccination, pretty typical day in our house. Then, just as CT was coming down stairs, I notice that Oliver's juice cup has spilled all over the couch. Oh joy! So glad we spent so much money on a new couch!! I went back to reading after it was cleaned. CT makes himself some breakfast and asks me if I want any, I say no because food in the morning makes me want to hurl even when I am not sporting a fundus.

I decide that yes, some eggs ARE a good idea so CT goes to make me some. Oliver is playing with a ball on the floor, and I hear it bouncing. I thought. Turns out it was CT's coffee that spilled everywhere. Instant anger from CT, which I figured was turned on me for not watching HIS coffee closer. I rush to clean it, CT rants and raves a bit in the kitchen. I notice that CT - who is cleaning up after my shoddy clean-up job (only he can do it right after all) - has left the stove on. I quickly turn it off cause the last thing I need is him yelling at me because the pan burned. He notices a few minutes later and yells "what now you DON'T want to eat?" and I tried to explain that it was because I didn't want it to burn and him get mad at me.

At this point I notice that he has egg on his face, literally, and I grab the towel to wipe it off. He jerks the towel and my arm attached around until I let go of it and in tears now, explain that he just had something on his face and I was gonna get it. He freaks out and asks me what my problem is and that I have been mad all morning. SO not true...but now I can't stop crying. I make MYSELF an egg while sobbing uncontrollably.

I realize this is probably not actually what happened, and that this is just what it looks like in the eyes of a pregnant lady. The rest of the morning went just as badly, it rained, the baby missed naptime and cried for 30 minutes IN the church, I had a ton of coupons to cut, etc. Normal crap sure, but I just want to cry constantly.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww, sounds like a rough day. Juice on the couch.....this is why we do not drink juice in our house. Phillip can carry a sippy of water around the house with him and he drinks milk at the table. Not very eclectic choices for drinks, but it keeps life simple. ;-)

Alyssa G said...

Thank goodness we got it all out. The main problem was the cup I put it in leaks. There was so little juice in the mix (not even an ounce) that it didn't stain.

CT said...

That's pretty much what happened, except add in that you said the towel (which I'd used the night before to dry dishes with) was full of salmonela. I got a new one out when you started to take it from me, which I was offended by apparently.

I'm sorry we had a bad morning. I just really wanted waffles, but had no reason to make them ;) I love you!

Alyssa G said...

What can I say, the man loves his waffles.

Britt said...

If by waffles you mean his wifey, than yes. Breakdowns happen to the best of us, I can only imagine and dread being pregnant at the same time as breaking down. Hope today is better!

Alyssa G said...

Yea, well, in my case the pregnancy is what makes me break down. So many emotions!