Saturday, July 11, 2009

Life is a Beach

Sorry I haven't written in a while, I have been exhausted trying to keep up with my boy. At the end of June, my mom took the whole family to the beach. when I say entire family, I mean THE ENTIRE FAMILY. We had 10-14 people in a fabulous rental house, (mom, dad, two cousins, aunt, grandparents, sister, brother in law, husband, son, and two long lost relatives). It was SO relaxing and the perfect trip to celebrate all of the events in our lives (graduation, going aways, wedding, birthdays, etc).

The fun you can have with a toddler on a beach is endless! My son, the Aquarius, has absolutely NO fear of water, waves or sand. Instead of running from the waves, he ran into them and fell just as they crashed over him. He played endlessly with sand, filling buckets, emptying buckets, crushing sand castles, and stealing other kid's sand toys. The kid was rarely out of his swimsuit. He kept wanting to go deeper and deeper into the ocean. I never want him to lose his sense of wonder about the world, that innocent bravery!

He slept so great during the coast trip, he slept through the night the first night, but after that it was once or twice a night which is fantastic! I guess that is what you get when you wear him out all day! It was so nice to have so many family members around, it is such a relief to know that EVERYONE is keeping an eye on the kiddo, and he isn't just bored with me all the time.

I leave you with pictures (sorry so small - stolen from facebook) and video!!

Having snacks on the beach!

Hanging with his Jonathan





Daddy and baby, being safe!







Not sure why, but he kept finding holes to sit in...





2 comments:

Britt said...

I love this video (maybe boring for people outside our fam), but in the future it will be like a little glimpse into our family's life - their voices, their sense of humors, their closeness, etc.

Jonathan said...

I completely agree with Britt, and I'm very curious to see what a "chic Gilligan" looks like.