Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Holy Crap I feel like blogging...

I couldn't possibly catch you up on all of the stuff that the kids have been doing lately, but the biggest news is that Henley is walking(ish) now. She still prefers to crawl, well, actually she prefers to sit in the middle of the floor screaming shrilly until I pick her up, but if I am pooping or otherwise disposed she will crawl. She only walks if both her hands are busy with something else, usually an Iphone.

Oliver tries my patience every. single. day. I am trying to be more understanding and more consistent, but he is going through the threes and that just isn't a whole lot of fun for anyone. He is doing great at school, his teachers and classmates love him - when he isn't pulling their hair - and he is being promoted to Pre-K next fall! I am so amazed at his humor and manners with strangers, he is a joy to experience and I am lucky I get to spend every day with him. As I say this he is mercifully with his father because while most times he is a joy, the hours after his nap to when he closes his eyes are nothing short of pure hellish torture. And as anyone can tell you, I think torture is wrong.

I am working on expanding my repitoire of cool stuff for kids to do when I don't want to deal with them, and in that line, I am starting to make sensory boxes for the two kids. Something I don't have to put together but once and then they are ready to go whenever Henley or Oliver are antsy. The biggest problem is that set up takes so long as does clean up, that they are bored by the time I sit down to let them work on the craft or whatever. It becomes increasingly easy to just plunk them in front of the TV instead.

We just got back from a trip to Portland, OR to see some of my favorite people on the planet; my sister, brother in law, his sister and their dog Brew. We had a blast, and I will post pictures as soon as I find both cameras and have a second to download all of them.

I am in school this summer in a Child Development class, still online. I have three more classes after this to finish my pre-requisites for the IBCLC exam. I am currently making an A (just got a 96 on my first test!!).

I guess what I am saying is, I am back to the blogging world. I am not able to get online as much as I would like, so the support group of Facebook and my parenting website isn't the huge presence it was at one time of my life, and I can't take the rejection and guilt when I post something minor about my kid because it is concerning or confusing me, but no one responds because I haven't been able to post a sad face or "virtual hugs" about their situation. It feels like I have lost all my friends, all at once. Of course, this isn't really true, but I miss them anyway!

18 comments:

Britt said...

Yea! Love that you're posting again! Keep it my sister!

hapi said...

Hi Alyssa G, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Girl Cute! said...

Thanks for share!!!


GirlCute102.blogspot.com

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your post and I admire the information which you offered here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
GPS Navigation Device

royal said...

Nice Sharing!
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Webcam Chat Software

Leroy D'souza said...

A really good read.

Thanks for sharing and keep posting

libraramis said...

Looking for professional football trials, find talented fifa champions tryouts for clubs. We are the top fifa agency providing best Football Players Selection to you.

Irfan Khan Owaisi said...

Shan-e-Olya and the contents provided here on this site about Olya Allah are very comprehensive understanding.
wr

Unknown said...

“Now very much against her will, she thought of the way Jace had looked at her then, the blaze of faith in his eyes, his belief in her. He had always thought she was strong. He had showed it in everything he did, in every look and every touch. Simon had faith in her too, yet when he'd held her, it had been as if she were something fragile, something made of delicate glass. But Jace had held her with all the strength he had, never wondering if she could take it--he'd known she was as strong has he was.” salwar kameez indian style

SEO said...

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
new sherwani designs

SEO said...

Buy modern furniture online
Whole article is too good and well written. I found your website perfect for my needs. Thanks for sharing the great ideas. I hope you write more on this subject!

Unknown said...

Please keep on posting such articles as this is a rare thing to find these days. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! all the best. Partywear suit

Unknown said...

very nice blog..
seo training course, seo courses delhi

Unknown said...

Usually I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this article really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice article. Buy designer lehenga

Shantnu Mukherjee said...

Do you all want to get your work done in low cost with quality work? If yes check this out and leave a comment about your requirement and contact details:
http://syssolutiontechnology.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

The patience and what you can do, we can believe in things around her and abilities.
friv 4

Unknown said...


" I guess what I 'm saying is , I return to the blogosphere . I am not able to get online as much as I want , so the group 's support site Facebook and my parents do not have to be the that is a huge presence at a time in my life , and I can not refuse and guilt when I send a little something about my kids because it is related to or confusing me , but no one answered so I can not post a sad face or " virtual hug " about their situation . It feels like I 've lost all my friends , all at the same time . course , this is not really true , but I remember them anyway ! " You love technology , it's probably ban.trang passion of your blog is pretty much on track.
hopy

Erwin Cooper said...

Nice post admin. Hello everyone, it's my first view go to see at this site,
this site is very informative and more helpful for all people in the whole
world and this site paragraph is such a genuinely fruitful in support of me,
and other peoples. keep up posting such type of contents. Thanks again admin

SEO training in ghaziabad