Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Love My Husband


You know that day? That day when you just feel so angry that you even HAD kids in the first place? That day when your couch smells like pee and your shoulder smells like puke? That day when the baby and the toddler are conspiring against you to see who can make you the craziest? That day when you lock yourself out side of the house on purpose just to have a moment of peace? That day when you yell at the toddler "watch your sister" and take off in the car to get the mail just so you can clear out the murderous thoughts in your head - only to feel guilty for doing so, even though it only took about 30 seconds to do it. That day when you call your mom to come over to help you cook something you really don't need help with, just to hear the sound of another adult's voice? Well that day was yesterday.

I of course bitched to my husband about how sad and pitiful my charmed life is. Poor pitiful me, I don't have to work and I get to stay home with my babies all day and live comfortably and don't really have to worry about money and my biggest stressor is that my babies want to touch me too much. Woe is me. I know, I know, stupid bourgeois problems. But they are MY problems, which make them huge and overwhelming. There isn't ever anything that "goes wrong" it is just an overall feeling of hatred at the day and situation.

The day got better, with help from a kiddie pool and some nap down time, but I was still feeling rough by the time my husband came home. When I saw what he had brought me, it made me love him all over again:They were eaten quickly, but will be savored always. He just got them for me on the spur of the moment, nothing huge, but to me, they were everything. From the top left, we have: creme brulee, salted butter carmel, pecan and cardamom. Dear lord, how that man must love me!!

5 comments:

Amanda Bindel said...

He's a keeper!!

Me, I'm looking forward to getting out of the house (alone, I am hoping) for the first time in two days (besides a quick pedi visit for big girl's 103 fever) to go drop off some bags at Goodwill and mail some packages at the PO.

Such is my glamorous life -- that I love and sometimes hate.

Kinsey family trust said...

Thank you for your bravery in sharing the feelings of raising a "spirited" toddler. It is so wonderful to feel that there is a kindred spirit out there.

My husband is my heart and strength, reminding me that there are no manuals to this parenting thing, and no cameras!

Britt said...

And....I'm crying now.

Unknown said...

Alyssa, everyone has 'those days.' You're just the only one brave enough to talk about it. And smart enough to ask for help. (as if I did anything) And blessed enough to have married CT. I love you my Darling Daughter.

royal said...

Nice Post!
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracking System In India